SOS: SERVE OUR SOUP CHALLENGE
As the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic continue to be felt across the country, we are determined to keep helping anyone currently facing an uncertain future or experiencing homelessness, by working with colleagues from across the hospitality industry to offer as much guidance and support as we possibly can.
Our SOS Challenge – in association with our OAPA Ambassador Tom Aikens, is encouraging everyone to get creative in the kitchen and make a five ingredient soup to help raise awareness and funds for our Hospitality Against Homelessness campaign. All eligible recipes will be judged by Tom – for a chance to win 2 tickets to our 2021 Cook & Dine Lunch and have your winning soup as part of the menu on the day!
The challenge kicks off on 17th November and runs until 11th December, with the winner of the competition announced on the 16th December 2020.
Thanks to your support, we will be able to help those who need it most.
All Recipes will be judged by OAPA Ambassador – the fabulous British Chef, Tom Aikens – and the winner announced on 16th December.
TAKE PART IN 5 EASY STEPS
- 1Don your creative cooking hats
- 2Create a soup using JUST 5 ingredients
- 3Share your soup recipe (with a photo) with us on Instagram or via the entry form below
- 5Spread the word! Nominate your friends, family and colleagues to take part
SOS Challenge T&C’s
- The Challenge launches on 17th November and closes at 5pm on 11th December
- To be eligible to enter the competition for a chance to win 2 tickets to the 2021 Cook & Dine Lunch and have your soup served as part of the menu – we ask that you donate a minimum of £5* and only use 5 ingredients.
- Soups must consist of five or fewer, elemental ingredients -Stock counts as one ingredient
- Any seasoning and/or oil you cook your ingredients with can be used as fortifiers and not counted as ingredients, unless they dramatically alter the taste.
- All entries must be posted either via Instagram or via the online form below.
*5 ingredients used/a donation made
Want to get involved in the SOS Challenge as a business?
As part of the SOS Challenge, we are also calling on as many restaurants, pubs, bars and cafés to “Serve A Soup” and to donate a percentage of the sales to our Hospitality Against Homelessness fund.
Please get in touch with the team at OAPA here for an opportunity to get your business involved in the SOS Challenge and help in raising crucial funds to get those facing homelessness, back into employment and into safe living conditions.
Participants are asked to share a photo & recipe of their soup and to make a donation via the instagram donate button in our BIO
Our SOS challenge hashtags are:
#SOS #ServeourSoup #GivemeFive
Please share your entry on Instagram using the hashtags above and please don’t forget to tag
If you are not an Instagram user, we have also set up a simple online form (below) where you can enter your soup recipe, upload your photo and make your donation!
Please don’t forget to share on your own social media platforms too, to help spread the SOS message! Using the #SOS #ServeOurSoup #GivemeFive and tagging Only A Pavement Away